Open Position: Grants & Development Coordinator
- Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- Full-time, Non-Exempt
Project Hope Alliance (PHA) is a nonprofit organization that seeks to end the cycle of homelessness, one child at a time. Since 1989, PHA has developed and successfully implemented programs that address the unique issues facing homeless children which prevent them from realizing their full potential. Our unique and personalized programs empower children with hope and more importantly, with the tools to help them complete their education and ultimately succeed in life.
- We start with the conviction that all things are possible for homeless children.
- We believe our investment in children will yield a present and future dividend. We end homelessness today by housing families and prevent homeless tomorrow by journeying with their children into a future that does not include homelessness.
- All of our focus is on ensuring that homeless children do not become homeless adults; our work is to be generational disruptors.
- We serve children birth to age 24 because we believe journeying with them to adulthood will disrupt generational homelessness.
- We help children, by supporting their parents. At the same time, we resource the parent only if it benefits the children.
- We are called to provide children with opportunities and eliminate barriers, so they are free to believe that all things are possible for themselves.
- We walk alongside families and children in partnership, giving them dignity while fostering independence, stability, and HOPE.
- Our work is not finished until our Community is able to meet the needs of the housing, educational, social-emotional, opportunity, health, and esteem needs of children. Our greatest achievement would be to be no longer needed.
The Grants and Development Coordinator (GDC) supports the work of the Development Team whose mission is to promote the mission of Project Hope Alliance to an external audience and to raise philanthropic funding to support the organization’s mission and strategic goals. The position will require extensive use of Salesforce database, project management systems and processes, and the Microsoft suite. The GDC must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines, and provide attention to detail.
The ideal GDC candidate should be comfortable working independently as well as providing courteous and timely service to external constituents (donors, volunteers, etc.) and communicating with internal staff. The position is supervised by the Manager of Development & Communication and provides direct support to the Foundation Relations Manager, and President & Chief Strategy Officer.
Grants & Database Support
- Administers grant deliverables project management, conducting data entry on all key grant identifiers and deliverables for the purposes of creating and disseminating applications and reports
- Regularly communicating with the team about new and upcoming deliverables and deadlines.
- Assists in grant and report writing, and helps identify, track, and resolve critical data issues within grant management as well as reconciliation between Salesforce numbers and accounting numbers.
- Conducts prospect and donor research and creates donor profile reports.
- Accurately receives, records, and receipts charitable contributions according to established procedures, with close attention to donor intent and donor appreciation.
- Coordinates and supports stewardship of gifts according to established procedures.
- Promptly responds to and resolves all customer service inquiries from donors or other external constituents, proactively seeking out assistance if answer not known; answers incoming calls to the department.
- Assists team in tracking and reporting on donor cultivation.
- Scheduling, expense reporting, document creation, filing and other administrative support as needed.
- Assists in collecting relevant statistics related to homelessness on a county, state and national level, for use in grant applications.
External Event Support
- Maintain event tracking reports to ensure accurate budgeting and projection processes.
- Research and outreach to event vendors and activations (digital ad/tributes, text-to-give, etc.).
- Manage online and silent auctions through the auction’s full cycle, including drafting donation “ask” letters, managing the process with auction platform, coordinating with auction winners and taking all steps necessary for fulfillment and closing our auction.
- Provide post-event revenue reports.
- Responsible for reconciling applicable donor giving record(s) to track recognition levels and locations and work with Development Team to ensure integrity and accuracy of donors’ recognition levels and preferences in the database and in compliance with donor gift agreements and internal policies and procedures.
Cultivation & Stewardship
- Assist with managing multiple external partners and facilitating the completion of partnership deliverables.
- Research prospective donors and other fundraising sources, preparing documentation and materials for meetings and presentations as necessary.
- Participates in solicitation and stewardship campaigns, track donor data and plans, prepare gifts, write thank-you notes or make calls to donors.
- Draft solicitation materials, stewardship reports, and executive briefings for all fundraising activities.
- Participate in Development Department activities and contribute as needed.
- Provide administrative support as requested.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of administrative support experience.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of or experience with a constituent relationship management (CRM) system or similar donor database, such as SalesForce.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, exercise good time management, and project manage within teams.
- Professional, positive and approachable attitude. Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people, as well as ability to work independently.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to conduct efficient Internet research.
- High value of confidentiality and discretion.
- A flexible schedule which includes some nights and weekends.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, and see, and to lift small objects up to 20 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO email@example.com.; indicate “Grants & Development Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.