Open Position: Community Engagement Coordinator
- Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- Full-time, Non-Exempt
Project Hope Alliance (PHA) is a nonprofit organization that seeks to end the cycle of homelessness, one child at a time. Since 1989, PHA has developed and successfully implemented programs that address the unique issues facing homeless children which prevent them from realizing their full potential. Our unique and personalized programs empower children with hope and more importantly, with the tools to help them complete their education and ultimately succeed in life.
- We start with the conviction that all things are possible for homeless children.
- We believe our investment in children will yield a present and future dividend. We end homelessness today by housing families and prevent homeless tomorrow by journeying with their children into a future that does not include homelessness.
- All of our focus is on ensuring that homeless children do not become homeless adults; our work is to be generational disruptors.
- We serve children birth to age 24 because we believe journeying with them to adulthood will disrupt generational homelessness.
- We help children, by supporting their parents. At the same time, we resource the parent only if it benefits the children.
- We are called to provide children with opportunities and eliminate barriers, so they are free to believe that all things are possible for themselves.
- We walk alongside families and children in partnership, giving them dignity while fostering independence, stability, and HOPE.
- Our work is not finished until our Community is able to meet the needs of the housing, educational, social-emotional, opportunity, health, and esteem needs of children. Our greatest achievement would be to be no longer needed.
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) acts as the primary point of contact for a variety of external stakeholders and donors. This full-time position will coordinate both key development and relationship building initiatives including volunteer, community education, and fundraising events as well as a portion of PHA’s external communication efforts.
The ideal CEC candidate should be comfortable working independently as well as providing courteous and timely service to external constituents (donors, volunteers, etc.) and communicating with internal staff. The position is supervised by the Manager of Development & Communication and provides direct support to the Foundation Relations Manager, and President & Chief Strategy Officer.
- Represent PHA in community outreach efforts
- Collaborate on a broad range of stewardship projects within the department including, but not limited to, customizing donor/volunteer correspondence, maintaining donor/volunteer records and providing high-level customer service to enhance the overall donor experience.
- Coordinate volunteer-related logistics for special events off-site and onsite
- Recruit and supervise PHA Interns and facilitate intern on-boarding
- Assist with planning and execution of all fundraising events including logistical details, and serving as a point of contact for vendors, sponsors, supporters, and volunteers
- Participates the planning and delivery of solicitation and stewardship campaigns,
- Assist in producing and distributing event collateral including invitations, brochures, sponsorship materials, name tags, etc. Initiate and coordinate support from the Manager of Development and Communications and outside designers as necessary.
- Support in content planning, development, and execution of social media posts, e-newsletters, organization, and program collateral, campaigns, communications
- Instill best practices, follow brand standards and maintain consistency (logo, content, images, etc.) across all channels of Communication
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas to tell our story and reach our Communication objectives
- Manage distribution lists for various communications, including the annual report, e-newsletters, etc.
- Assist with website updates
- Maintain awareness of marketing trends, best practices, and technologies
- Ensure all marketing collateral is organized and easily accessible
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of professional working experience
- Experience with donor databases (Salesforce preferred)
- Exemplary organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks, exercise good time management, and project management within teams.
- Professional, positive and approachable attitude. Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer and digital skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with Canva, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with social media outreach
- A flexible schedule which includes some nights and weekends.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, and see, and to lift small objects up to 20 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO email@example.com.; indicate “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.