Make a Summer Fun Box #forthekids
For homeless kids in Orange County, Summertime is often the hardest for them. Without the resources to pay for camps, vacations, trips to the beach, even just basic summer essentials, this season can be a very lonely and hard time for these students.
By building a Summertime Fun Box, you are giving these students a box of fun summer essentials, that are sure to bring a smile to their face. In addition, any additional donations you make towards Project Hope Alliance will go towards paying for camps, summer excursions, and PHA sponsored activities! Your box will provide homeless youth with their best summer ever!
We kindly ask that, with every box, you also include a monetary donation or gift card in any amount you can to ensure our kids have the best summer ever!
How to Build a Summer Box of Hope!
1. Start with making a donation for each box, or include a gift card to Target, Amazon, Visa, or any other store kids love. Please have gift cards in a separate envelope when dropping off the boxes. A donation of at least $25 is preferred, but any amount will make a difference #forthekids.
2. Find a box, basket, or bag to fill. Sand pails make for great buckets!
3. Choose who the box is for. You can make it for boys, girls or be gender-neutral. Boxes will be for students ranging from 5 to 24 years old.
4. Decorate it with stickers, paint, markers, etc. get creative!
5. Fill the box with summer essential items such as:
- Beach Towels
- Reusable Water Bottles
- Hygiene Items
- Personal Care Items
- Water toys
- Craft Supplies
*Any food needs to be in its original manufacturing packaging.
6. Label your box. Please include gender and age range.
7. Bring box to PHA! Drop off hours are Monday-Friday, 10 am-4 pm at 1954 Placentia Ave, Suite 202, Costa Mesa, 92627
All boxes needed by June 30
Need community service hours? We are happy to sign off on 1 hour for every box.